A well-established leading events and exhibition company, based in Stratford upon Avon, that design, manage and deliver a wide range of event services throughout the UK and Europe is seeking an Events Team Leader to join its expanding team. You will receive many benefits such as branded clothing provided, all travel costs, accommodation and food paid for and much more.
This company consists of 3 interconnected operational department; Structures, Exhibition Trailers and Interiors. Operating in this way allows each department to have its own specific focus and expertise whilst being able to draw off each of the other departments for additional resource, knowledge and equipment as required. A major part of its future growth is to expand its business into the indoor exhibition stand build market and the recruitment for this new position will further strengthen its ability to achieve this, this role is a key position within the company.
You will undertake the installation/removal, storage and maintenance of all interior equipment, from modular exhibition systems to interior layout and branding, audio visual and electrical systems.
As the Events Team Leader your duties will include:
- Leading a small team when on site undertaking interiors (working with site foreman).
- Ensuring high standards are met by all team members.
- Monitoring and enforcing health and safety.
- Recruiting new members to the team.
- Line management of any interior staff (daily delegation/ reviews etc.)
- Delegation of jobs.
- Communicating with all team members rotas and workload etc.
- Investigating and advising on new products to hire to clients.
- Completing risk assessments and appropriate paperwork.
To be a successful Events Team Leader you will have the following skills and experience:
- Good hands-on practical skills and a willingness to undertake work of a physical nature on site.
- Experience of previous team leader roles in a practical environment, whilst also being client facing.
- Strong organisational skills, planning and undertaking work to tight deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail and presentation to ensure customer satisfaction.
- A forklift licence, 7.5t licence would be useful but not essential.
- Previous team leading and/or managerial experience within a practical environment.
- Flexible to travel both within the UK and Europe, sometimes at short notice.