Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Estimator for their business based in
Barnsley South Yorkshire .Our client is a leading provider or specialist civil engineering and construction services for UK infrastructure and utilities projects. They are looking for an Estimator who comes from a groundworks or highways background.
- Analyse tender documentation and capture client’s requirements.
- Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client’s requirements.
- Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
- Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
- Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
- Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
- Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
- Management skills – understanding programmes etc.
- Actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission is provided.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
- Section 278 at 30 works experience.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Confident and resourceful.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
- HNC in Engineering discipline
- Causeway Estimating Software experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the highways sector as an Estimator
If you feel you have the right attributes to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Karieann Proffitt-Jones at Karieann.email@example.com or call our office on 01543 629090