|Salary:||35000 - 50000|
|Contact Name:||David Stevens – Managing Director|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01543 629090|
|Member Contact||David Stevens – Managing Director|
|Contact Phone Number||01543 629090|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Our client is seeking to employ an Estimator for their business based in Stockport. Our client is a medium sized civil engineering and construction contractor carrying out various sizes contracts. They are looking for an Estimator who comes from a groundworks and civils background.
- Analyse tender documentation and capture client’s requirements.
- Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client’s requirements.
- Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
- Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
- Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
- Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
- Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
- Management skills – understanding programmes etc.
- Actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission is provided.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Confident and resourceful.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
- HNC in Engineering discipline
- Causeway Estimating Software experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Estimator
If you feel you have the right attributes to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Sophie Scott or call our office on 01543 629090