Axcess Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for an Experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our clients site which is a market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data communication centres.
Your role as Maintenance Engineer:
You will be supporting the facilities manager and will be actively involved within the maintenance procedures for new and obsolete equipment. You will be heavily involved within providing technical support for our assembly and test production lines as well as supporting other departments within the facility.
As a Maintenance Engineer your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Providing shift cover for the maintenance department as well as technical support across all production lines.
• Establish and implementing TPM for all production equipment
• Carry out existing preventative maintenance as determined by maintenance schedules
• Actively take responsibility for machine uptime
• Ensure all equipment engineering practices and procedures are carried out in accordance with current health & safety legislation
• Liaise with main equipment suppliers about technical servicing issues as required
• Ensure adequate availability of equipment spares for all manufacturing equipment
• Participate as an active member of the Emergency Response Team and in cross training functions.
What we need from you:
• Educated to HND or equivalent within an electrical, Mechanical or Electronic discipline
• Experienced in set up and repair of microscopes and visual aids as well as new equipment installations and repairs this successful candidate must be able to make accurate decisions when under pressure.
• Excellent fault finding skills you will be proactive and capable of working without direct supervision and enjoy the challenge of working to deadlines to achieve targets. Previous experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment is advantageous.
• Experience working with bespoke equipment/machinery
• Be flexible to work a continental shift pattern
Salary between £26K-£28,500 + 30% Shift Allowance
If you feel you can successfully fulfil this role and you can commit to working shifts then we would like to hear from you, please send your CV