Are you immediately available? Do you have previous experience working as an Employment Advisor? The position is working for 12 to 14 months covering maternity leave.
You will be working for a company who offer fantastic benefits including 33 days holiday includes Bank Holidays pro rata and 50% towards a parking permit.
As the Employment Advisor, you will be working for an organisation who were formed in 2003, based Birmingham City Centre. Our client is a not-for-profit organisation who provide improvement services to their specialist sector. Candidates who are looking for Part-Time and Full-Time hours will be considered, the minimum hours required are 30 hours per week. This can be spread across 5 shorter days or 4 full days.
As the Employment Advisor, your duties will include:
- Providing advice and support to members on contracting, legal and regulatory issues
- Supporting 3 Solicitors with their caseloads and you will be working within a team of 7 which includes the Solicitors
- Advising members legally and practically in relation to internal disciplinary and grievance hearings and providing written instructions to union representatives conducting the hearings
- Preparing tribunal documents
- Carrying out general administration duties
As the Employment Advisor, you will have:
- Previous experience in providing advice
- An understanding of Trade Union movement is desirable however not essential
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Legal assistant, Legal Secretary, Law graduate, Trainee Solicitor, Lawyer, Legal Administrator, Solicitor, Support Officer, HR Officer, HR Administrator, HR Support and Legal PA
- We are interested in speaking to people who have or are working towards one of the following qualifications: Law degree, LLB, LPC, BA, CIPD, Cilex or Silex qualification
As the Employment Advisor, your salary will be circa £22,000 per annum pro rata.
Alongside this, you will receive fantastic benefits such as:
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays pro rata
- BHSF Package
- Pension Scheme
- 50% contribution towards a car parking permit