The Embedded Software Engineer will work within a small software team and will have the following Responsibilities: -
- Design and development of new product offerings.
- Integration of new features to existing applications.
- Work closely with the hardware development team
- Software/hardware testing.
- Issue tracking and bug fixing.
- Produce high quality software documentation.
As a minimum the successful candidate will have the following Qualification: -
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or other related subject.
- 2+ years’ experience in embedded software development.
Skill and Experience: -
- Excellent expertise in electronic design and firmware development
- Extensive experience in embedded systems in C/C++, particularly ARM architecture
- Experience of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) in embedded systems
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum and TDD)
Desirable Experience (not essential):-
- Expertise in controls systems and PLCs.
- Familiarity with electronic circuit schematic.
- Communications: 4G, Modbus, TCP/IP, Ethernet, CANBus, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, BLE
- Experience working with versioning server.
- Knowledge of Java and Python programming languages
- Understanding of time series analytics.
The following Personal Qualities are desirable for fulfilling the role: -
- Fluent in the English language, with strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of understanding client requirements and translating them into software and/or firmware applications.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Willing to broaden knowledge across a number of products (software & hardware)
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules
- Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
- Understand the commercial implications with respect to finding technical solutions
- Desire to travel, meet with clients & present/promote technical capability of the company