Permanent Position - Ref: 1210 / 4
Electrical / Controls Design Engineer
Salary: £29k - £32k (DOE)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Electrical / Controls Design Engineer to join our established client based in Bournemouth, Dorset.
The key aspects of this role is to design Electrical and Pneumatic controls for a wide range of machinery.
The successful candidate will be completing designs and documentation to a very high standard, therefore an eye for detail is essential. The designer will be involved at concept through to the final drawings to the customer.
* Development of electrical and pneumatic designs and drawings:
* Creating functional design specification;
* Managing revision control of documentation;
* Creating parts list and manage machine build specification;
* Working with Mechanical Design Engineers to ensure consistent designs;
* Working with Electricians to ensure machines are completed to designs;
* Manager version control of drawings;
* Liaising with management regarding progress and improvements;
* Work with Engineers to ensure requirements are met;
* Liaising with management regarding time-scales for costing & scheduling;
* Supporting customers with electrical issues;
* Systems and documentation development for manuals & training.
* HNC Electrical Qualification:
* 5 years experience within industrial automation;
* Knowledge of electrical CAD packages such as ElecWorks or SolidWorks Electrical is desirable;
* Excellent computer skills in a Windows Office Environment is essential, but training on drawing packages can be given;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Excellent time management skills;
* Able to work under pressure.
* Competitive salary of £29,000 to £32,000, depending on qualifications and experience;
* Hours are 37.5 per week - 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 12:30 Friday;
* Overtime is paid at flat rate Monday to Saturday / time and a half Sundays;
* 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays;
* Pension scheme to which the Company contributes;
* Free parking;
* Free tea and coffee at tea;
* Death in service benefit after 1 years’ service.
To be considered for this role, apply now.