Job Description – Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer (EME)
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Working as part of the Maintenance Team, as one of the Electrical Maintenance Engineers (EME) you will be responsible for maintaining high quality electrical installations, repairs and maintenance to machinery and around the site. The role demands EME’s to fully understand production practice and operations to successfully support these departments and undertake various planned maintenance tasks, projects and new installations in order to achieve a high level of service delivery.
The main tasks of the role are outlined below:
• Fault finding during production.
• Performing planned and predictive maintenance.
• Assessing need of spare parts
• Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
• Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
• Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
• Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
• Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
• Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
• Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
• Liaise with Coordinator to establish requirements.
• Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies.
• Contribute to continuing improvement of the factory equipment and maintenance.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Work to lean theory (5s).
• Use computer equipment for data purposes.
The role also includes other general duties to maintain the efficient working of the department. The above list of tasks is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operative in order to assist in meeting business needs.
EME’s support other departments and work with external professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant and production processes. Possessing strong abilities to analyse, resolve and implement solutions through solid problem solving techniques, the EME will always communicate with other departments to ensure process control, conformity and production effectiveness, when and where required. The role also vitally needs the EME to encourage, motivate and ultimately support apprentices.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
• Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and engineering quality plans.
• Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
• A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
• Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
• Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
• Time management skills.
• Good verbal communication and listening skills.
• Ability to promote Fort Vale in a positive manner.
• Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to develop, encourage, motivate and mentor the apprentices.
• Ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
• Able to work between different sites.
• Ability to maintain and improve effective working practices, levels housekeeping and health and safety standards.
• Ability to safely handle materials.
• Previous experience of working in similar environment with similar role responsibilities.
• A good working knowledge and understanding of factory processes and technology.
• Previous experience of working towards improving and maintaining quality standards.
• Knowledge of PLC AC drives and servo drives.
• Familiar with all types of Factory equipment including CNC machines, Conventional machines and associated plant.
• Familiar with planned and preventive maintenance.
• Knowledge of robots would be advantageous.
• Multi skilled in basic mechanical practices.
• Welding Skills would be preferred.
• Foundry experience is desirable.
• Must be a time served engineer (or have an equivalent qualification).
• UK Driving licence is essential.
• Demonstrates a flexible attitude towards work and is able to respond to business priorities appropriately.
• Strong work ethic, must want to do tasks and understand their value.
• Reliable, general timekeeping and honesty, working unsupervised.
• Adaptable over a broad range of work.
• Motivated to take on new areas of work and learn new skills.