E-Commerce Marketing Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 a year – Full Time, Permanent Position
Reports to: Managing Director
Our client works in the engineering supply sector, due to an exciting period of growth and change they are now looking to recruit an Ecommerce Marketing Manager to assist with their future growth plans
They are looking for an experienced E-commerce Marketing Manager who can contribute to the dynamic implementation and delivery of these changes and to build their existing team from its current four people to 12 people and establish an excellent e-commerce team who are responsible for coordinating existing and new product information (both on-line and off-line) – accurately and at speed, giving them a first to market and first to sale system to drive sales
Key responsibilities of the Ecommerce Marketing Manager:
- Responsible for developing and driving the E-Commerce department and through it delivering the marketing strategy.
- Manage the e-commerce websites and related platforms and work closely with internal teams; customer services, sales, purchasing and logistics to ensure operational systems and marketing efforts are fully aligned.
- Manage the creation of off-line content, regular paper catalogue production, direct mail piece campaigns etc. Central to this is the management our PIM and CMS systems.
- A knowledge and understanding of system management, online marketing and software solutions are vital.
- Look to further develop software integrations between new & existing e-commerce systems; internal ERP, PIMs (Product Information Management), CMS (Content Management Systems) etc.
- Provide continued emphasis on the design and functionality of our existing web platforms to ensure they remain current and industry leading.
- Managing and creating the ecommerce online marketing strategy to deliver against business key KPIs; transactions, average basket size, users, revenue, time on site
- Responsible for creation and delivery of all off-line marketing through internal and external channels.
- Manage all company product information content; both on-line and off-line, including product resources (images, CAD models), product listings, pricing, product descriptions all with SEO considerations at the core.
- Through managing the team of e-commerce (and data) assistants, establish and maintain best practice in company product information management.
- Ensure product selection, information and pricing are accurate on all sales channels and in all company systems with creative copy and promotional messages updated as required.
- Analyse existing pricing structures and provide updates where required to ensure site turnovers continue to develop.
- Manage the external web developers and agencies to scope, implement and test new developments and ongoing site functionality and systems in accordance with the e-commerce strategy to maximise the customer experience, optimise the customer journey and drive sales.
- Manage 3rd party technology and service providers in conjunction with wider team
- Oversee PPC & Digital Advertising strategy and plans, including budgets and reporting, setting, and overseeing the success of campaigns
- Responsible for delivery of Google Analytics and internal reports to analyse behavior/ spend / customer data to identify growth possibilities and current gaps
- Coordinating SEO across the company websites; from products, categories, pages etc. alongside the wider team
- Weekly and monthly performance reporting of site and products and correlated digital marketing activity, focusing on traffic, engagement, conversion, and sales
- In conjunction with management team create and deliver annual budgets with regular accurate forecasting.
Experience and Requirements for the Ecommerce Marketing Manager:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in e-commerce strategy and implementation
- Has significant B2B website management experience
- Excellent understanding of IT and technical systems
- Experience in implementing new software and systems technology
- Experience of warehouse/inventory management systems experience beneficial
- Experienced with PIM and CMS systems, and experience in implementing best practice in their use.
- Previous people management experience demonstrating operational leadership, with the ability to manage project delivery
- Is a great communicator, able to work effectively cross-functionally understanding priorities
- Has an excellent eye for accuracy and attention to detail, even under pressure
- Is process driven
- Is flexible with a proactive attitude.
- Experience of curating, sourcing, and creating rich content
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to be hands on as well as strategic
- A Marketing or Business Studies Degree or equivalent (CIM qualified) experience