Structural Steelwork and Architectural Metalwork
Camberley, £25,000 - £35,000 (negotiable based on experience)
This established business specialising in Steelwork and Metalwork detailing for the Construction Industry are now looking to recruit a Detailer/Draughtsperson to join their growing business.
Undertaking national contracts, the range of projects is exciting and diverse, including contracts for school, colleges and hospitals, as well as commercial and residential projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and proactive individual to join a growing and friendly business.
The Detailer/Draughtsperson will be responsible for:
- 3D modelling and detailing of structural steelwork and architectural metalwork
- Creation of drawing issue sheets & RFI registers
- On site surveys (expensed business travel)
- Liaison with Contract Design teams, clients and fabricators
- Attendance at internal production meetings and external design meetings
- Responsible for building and maintaining good relations with clients, suppliers and project teams
- Maintaining a detailed and expert knowledge of the current and latest versions of Tekla Structures
Detailer/Draughtsperson Role requirements:
- Previous Tekla Structural Experience, or similar experience with other Constructional Engineering packages (for example Advance Steel, StruCAD)
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings
- Understanding of steel fabrication & installation with an ability to read and interpret Structural Engineer & Architect drawings
- Good time management skills, able to work under pressure to meet required timescales
- Good communication skills; personable and able to work within a team environment, whilst displaying independence and initiative
- Competent PC user including Microsoft Office
Package: £25,000 - £35,000 (negotiable dependent on experience) + benefits including 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
Standard working hours are 8.30am – 5pm, some flexibility can be offered for the right person.