You will be responsible for availability, scalability, and risk mitigation of all systems that are required for the software development process, while working closely with the software engineering, QA, hosting, IT, and client services teams across the globe. You will give technical input during infrastructure redesigns and aid the company in adopting new technologies and methodologies. This position is responsible for maintaining security controls and conducting vulnerability assessments against our web applications and server infrastructure.
As part the Software Architecture team, you will be charged with maintaining and improving our security profile for development, QA and client services sites involved in delivering engaging and robust learner experiences.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer who thinks logically, acts rationally and understands the challenges of supporting current and emerging technology stacks that enable our client to continuously to grow and enhance it Software Engineering, QA, hosting and Client Support services.
The requirements for this role are:
- Demonstrable extensive experience managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Demonstrable experience with fluid virtual infrastructures (VMware, Docker, AWS, OpenStack)
- Demonstrable experience with Apache (Tomcat) / NGINx
- Demonstrable experience with networking, storage and sysadmin best practices
- Demonstrable experience with database servers, preferably Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise search platforms, like Solr
- Demonstrable experience with with SVN/GIT alongside Agile development processes
- Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
- Demonstrable experience of various cache configurations, including Redislab
- Demonstrated experience securing high-traffic properties (cloud and on-prem)
- Demonstrable experience with build tools, preferably like Gradle or Maven
- Demonstrable experience with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet