We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team to help us continue to support and optimize our software development, testing training and production environments. As a DevOps Engineer you will have a strong technical background and be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions and tools which will automate daily operational activities. You will be working with highly skilled engineering, product and marketing teams to release great products. Experience with AWS, CentOS, Jenkins, and Chef is required, any additional development experience with PHP and/or Ruby would be beneficial.
- Commercially aware and a natural strategic thinker.
- Organized and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to identify problems before they happen, dig deep for root causes and implement solutions that prevent future occurrences.
- A natural team player, who enjoys working multiple development collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike
- Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and hit the ground running
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organizational improvements.
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration (UNIX) and network administration (DNS, Load balancing, and VPN).
- Strong understanding of the application stack (HTTP protocol, load balancing, proxies, REST)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Solid networking knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- Knowledge of best practices in release management and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Inversion of control/ dependency injection
- Distributed message system design/development
- TDD/BDD frameworks
- working knowledge of most of the following:
- cloud based services, e.g (AWS, Parse)
- Exposure to other languages and platforms (e.g Android, Ruby, C++)
- Project Management methodologies, Agile, Lean etc.