|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Salary:||35000 - 65000|
|Contact Name:||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||02392 984 004|
|Member Contact||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Contact Phone Number||02392 984004|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
DevOps Engineer - Mid / Senior
£35-75K plus extensive flexible benefits package.
Due to the secure nature of this work, all candidates must either currently hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. A minimum of 2 years’ experience is also essential.
Essential experience required:
Our client is looking for individuals who can confidently demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Command line knowledge (Linux or Windows) is also required. Other desirable skills include:
- Experience of working on central government projects
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large-scale systems and estates
Senior DevOps Engineers will need to show experience across most of the above.
Job role responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer with our client, your work will include a multitude of interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud & bare-metal platforms, and collaborating with senior members. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will also get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.