- Are you passionate about food & flavours?
- Have you experience of dealing with the major supermarkets who are equally as passionate about food & flavours?
- Is it your ambition to travel to the Far East a couple of times a year, working with local manufacturers to supply the best product to the supermarkets?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is looking to recruit a Development Manager to join their food manufacturing business based in Wiltshire. And having recruited for this business a lot over the years, we work together to find the best people and have learnt that a traditional job description never does this type of role justice. It isn’t a traditional Development role as we are looking for someone who can focus on the main raw material and work with the Sourcing Team who travel the world to find the very best raw materials. You will also be able to travel to the Far East at least a couple of times a year. In a time within the business where EPD and projects are currently the main focus, NPD will come in time but as we all know, getting your core products to deliver in terms of flavours and cost is imperative, and this can be equally as exciting & challenging.
As the Development Manager, you will need to have the following:
- Ideally a degree in a Food related subject but this is not essential.
- Worked previously with the major UK supermarkets in a customer facing role.
- The ability to work in a team environment, bringing departments together and project manage activities through the business on time and within budget.
- You will need to have great tenacity as working in chilled food, and supplying the major retailers can be incredibly rewarding, and incredibly tough, in equal measures.
- Exceptional communication skills is vital, both internally and externally.
And what can this great business offer you in return? Well this is a career, not just a job, working for a business where people are encouraged to be themselves and as a result, where careers flourish. You will be working for a market leader in a niche industry and having placed a number of candidates within this business, we can guarantee you’ll love working there and feel part of the team from the word go. So if any of this catches your attention, you want to know or have any questions, please get in touch.
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: JR11380