My client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team in Manchester.
The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision. They must be willing
to cross train in all team functional areas. This is an entirely office based position - NO REMOTE WORKING CONSIDERED.
They must be a self-starter, look to own key operational systems and continually
advance processes, procedures and documentation. They may be required to coach
other members of the team in their specialist discipline and should have strong
experience with a 24 x 7 production environment. This role has the capacity to quickly evolve in to a Head of IT, genuine and fast progression is available.
The successful candidate must have the following experience:
• 5+ years Enterprise Linux administration (Ideally CentOS, but all OS’s considered)
• Experienced with Open source management tools, i.e Puppet, Nagios, Cacti, Git
• Good knowledge of Linux Services, i.e. Nginx, Samba, NFS, Postfix
• Good working knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, IPTables and networking technologies
• Proven commercial experience of software development using Java
• Experience developing and using web services
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills
• VMWare vSphere, KVM
• REST & Message Queues
• Spring, Hibernate and Maven
• Exposure to other programming languages such as Python, Perl and PHP
• Cloud technology experience with AWS
• Experience in using NoSQL databases, Redis, CouchDB etc
• Data Centre management, server racking, network patching
• Exposure to Mitel 5000, Asterisk, OpenSIPS.
• Able to produce functional and technical documentation
Personal Skills Required
Strong inter-personal and communication skills, ability to interact positively with
management. Independent problem-solving skills. Ability to multi-task and perform in
SLA pressure situations.