The Design Manager will ensure that design information is technically compliant, buildable, falls within the agreed cost-plan and is delivered to enable the Company to meet its programme obligations for procurement and construction.
You will contribute to the detail design stages by assisting the Client Design Team to ensure the Clients brief is achieved in terms of architectural vision, buildability, specification, construction detail, quality and durability of materials ensuring the long-term finish and ease of maintenance.
Primarily concentrating on the construction-phase design management of one large/complex project or multiple smaller projects, it will be necessary to contribute to pre-contract submissions by providing buildable and affordable design solutions.
Skills and experience required:
· Have design management experience in a similar role with either main construction contractor, consultancy or architectural practice
· Competent and confident in technical aspects of design
· Understanding of the design process and interface between designers
· Good understanding of the building process and construction methods
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Ability to read and interpret drawings
· Good IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Project. Experience of using document management systems (eg '4projects'), AutoCad and Revit would be advantageous
· A strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build lasting, successful relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors and other personnel
· An analytical approach to challenges and a positive approach to problem solving
· Possesses a great attention to detail, accurate and numerate
· Construction or Architectural related qualification, e.g. Degree (preferred) or HNC/HND Construction
· Appropriate CSCS card (black card preferred)