Our client is seeking to employ a Senior Highways Design Engineer to join their team based in Leeds
Our client provides the highest quality Civil & Structural consultancy service to their clients in the UK, across all market sectors including both public and commercial projects.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate projects and communicate effectively with design team members and be technically competent with the design of drainage systems to current design standards.
- Producing design drawings for technical approvals and construction.
- Design of Earthworks, Highways, Pavement and the preparation of the
- associated specifications.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary
- Ability to carry out highway design on AutoCAD and Civils 3D software.
- Delegating and supervising work of more junior team members and acting as a
- Liaise with clients, other professionals and other disciplines on all relevant aspects
- of projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Extensive knowledge of design guide criteria including DMRB, Traffic signs
- manuals and TSRGD.
- Experience of producing highway designs including S38 and S278 designs.
- Have extensive experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and AutoTrack.
- Have experience is sign design software.
- Have the ability to project manage schemes and priorities jobs and tasks.
- Have the ability to communicate and liaise with colleagues, clients and other
- stakeholders at all levels.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook.
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Stevens or call our office on 01543 629090