Delivery Agile Manager
£70-84k + Benefits
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We are a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join us are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, it is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us.
Essential Skills and Capability
- Qualified Scrum Master with a minimum of 5 years of experience, in a client facing team (not internal development), as a Delivery Manager successfully implementing software development projects using Agile methodologies, managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with cross functional teams.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of agile project management principles and practices.
- Experience of working in a continuous integration environment
- Prior experience with agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams, including Developers, Test & Business Analysts
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to Development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to Business Analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Agile methodology exposure/accreditation preferred
- Worked in technology led environment before or have a background in development, testing or analysis-background knowledge of software development/languages would be highly beneficial
- Client facing skills; a capable and confident facilitator
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view, removing blockers and delivering working software in line with business owners direction
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Experience of BDD (Behaviour-driven development), TDD (Test-driven development), MoSCoW, User Stories, Story Points
- Familiar with the GDS Service Design Manual
These are exciting times for us. We are doing something different here in London working with open source technologies in our brand new delivery hub. It’s a great time to join the team – we are changing the way we look, behave, and do business. As a result we're looking for talented individuals who can help deliver these new and innovative open source projects.
What are we looking for from you? You will be someone who already makes a difference; we will give you the freedom and responsibility to continue doing so. You will be involved at the beginning of our open source journey and will have an active role in influencing our future plans and technical direction. And of course, you will be part of a fast-growing, pioneering working environment as we expand our capability to meet the increasing demand from our clients.
We're offering the best of both worlds – you will be joining a new, vibrant start-up business in London but also having the comfort of being part of a large, financially stable organisation.
You will oversee all aspects software development for a software development team. You will be responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with programme standards. You will be responsible for software delivery using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
In performing the role, you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience of agile development approaches s to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Your background in delivering multiple agile projects directly will ensure that you are capable of managing teams, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled team.
You will define delivery needs and feed these to the programme manager to enable resource to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
This role will involve extensive interaction with customers, senior stakeholders, management and third party sub-contractors. Strong analytical, organisational, and presentation skills are essential combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to manage expectations and issues effectively and establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
Essential Job Requirements
Steeped in pragmatic agility
Work with the product owner on scope focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organise and lead and facilitate agile ceremonials; prepare and distribute regular reports including burn-down charts and other key metrics; managing product and sprint backlogs; facilitating backlog grooming, reviews and retrospectives.
Ensure and support programme standards, such as continuous integration, automated testing and code quality are adhered to.
Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha, beta, production)
Managing agile teams on a daily basis or as required; assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work; responsibility for ensuring team members track their time using the appropriate in-house system; and mentoring and developing team members.
Product Owner Support
Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance; ability to work with stakeholders to document requirements as user stories. Deliver solutions fit for purpose to go to market. Work with the Business Product Owner to establish and maintain the roadmap and sprint plans for the product to be delivered on a backlog of prioritised user stories.
Process Management and Improvement
Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management; ensure Company and Department policies, processes and standards are met.
Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
Leading and Communicating
Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work. Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals. Lead the collaborative, dynamic, planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
Actively participate in the Delivery Manager Community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and applying best practice