DBA/Analyst Programmer, Leicester
Our client is an employee owned commercially focused employment services organisation that is the UK's leading provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people.
To provide a reporting framework, functionality and support to this organisation, enabling the business to meet their management reporting requirements for Government Departments, Referral Partners, Jobcentre Plus, Employers and Candidates and internal management needs. In addition will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of their SQL cluster environment.
Essential Job Duties
- To build and develop reporting applications using the latest available software to generate appropriate business reporting to meet the needs of internal and external Remploy customers.
- Planning; implementation and support of all database platforms and to extend to IS applications, development and web hosting environments.
- Assist in creation of DTS/SSIS packages and processes to automate data migration tasks.
- To add and maintain to the existing reporting structure in order to adapt to the ever changing needs of the business.
- To ensure databases maintain acceptable levels of performance, integrity and security.
- To generate customised reporting for individual Business Units within the framework of the application.
- To research and suggest reporting improvements and implement these as required.
- To test and resolve faults and issues within the reporting system / SQL cluster.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Certification in Microsoft Business Intelligence software.
- MSSQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Database Administration.
- SQL optimisation, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Database backup, restores and recovery experience.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL Server.
- Index Management and statistics.
- Experience of working with SSIS/SSRS
- Experience of working with .Net, Webservices.
- Experience of working with XML,CSS.
- Excellent IT skills to facilitate use and learning of a wide range of software applications.
- Customer focused attitude to facilitate delivery of appropriate reporting systems within the business.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, technologies, release management and change management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
- Ability to plan and organise the workload to meet targets and deadlines with the minimum supervision.
- Strong investigative, design and problem solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong numerical skills.