The government client is progressing a number of exciting projects to enable customers to access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of the latest technologies, it has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. Be that the strategic adoption of public cloud services, the Internet of Things, UAVs, advanced remote sensing techniques, or machine learning, we are always considering how technology can enable us to do new and better things. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of it as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the role:
Regardless of where you are on your Architecture journey, the client would like to offer an opportunity to boost your career. We invite you to an open and collaborative conversation where we would like to understand your skills and needs, give you an insight on what/how we do and hopefully progress on the journey together.
In the role, you will join our team responsible for the definition of architectural options and solutions to meet business objectives, and accountable for ensuring that the design and development of those solutions are sustainable and fit-for-purpose for the business need. Working with stakeholders from across the organisation, you will collaborate closely with a number of delivery teams in both the definition and realisation of architectural solutions. In your work, you will benefit from collaboration with the brightest minds, some of the best experts in the field.
What we’re looking for:
You will be a natural problem solver, a collaborator who relishes the opportunity to apply technology to the delivery of business-focussed solutions.
You will also be somebody who is unafraid to learn and apply new technologies to business situations, but also somebody who is able to take a long-term view, see the bigger picture, and able to balance risk and opportunity.
So, whether you’re building strong relationships with stakeholders or making sure that solutions are aligned to business need and technical direction, you’ll be working to deliver real and demonstrable value to the business.
To be the successful candidate you must demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria and competencies in your application:
• Experience in the definition and implementation of Data Architectures
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of delivering digital services using public cloud platforms
• Proven track record of providing technical leadership to, and collaborating with development teams in an agile environment
• Collaborating with and influencing key business and technical stakeholders
• Very good knowledge of industry best practices for architecture, software development processes and lifecycles
• Experience of defining and delivering enterprise-level Geospatial and Data Management solutions would also be advantageous
We understand that one can’t be equally perfect in all fields but please describe your relevant experience, your achievements and let us learn how much we are aligned in your Cover Letter.
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary: £40,000-£47,000 (dependent on experience)
• Performance-related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave – plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities and more
Location: This role will be based in Southampton
Closing date: Wednesday 28th August 2019