c.40k pa and can be Basingstoke or London based. A great opportunity to join a globally recognised, successful company as a Customer Data Controller / Manager. 9am – 5pm Mon to Fri, free parking (in Basingstoke) and an abundance of great employee benefits including discounts on their products!
As the Customer Data Controller / Manager, you’ll have responsibility to create and maintain the framework for the management of customer data across the business. It will be your responsibility to ensure the integration, accuracy, maintenance, availability and security of all customer data across the company’s systems and create and maintain customer records from available data, internally and externally sourced, to support CRM and marketing programmes.
You’ll be a data champion with a passion for putting the customer first by respecting their data fully, as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant privacy and security legislation, accuracy of and adherence to contact permissions across various jurisdictions.
As the Customer Data Controller / Manager you will:
- Create and document customer data architecture (working with IT) and management system
- Create the customer data dictionary, to ensure all business users and agencies have a common language and an easy access data library
- Develop and document all relevant processes: sourcing, storage, flow (automated and manual) and availability of every piece of customer data, whether internally or externally sourced or used
- Own the process for managing customer master records on SAP, Hybris e-commerce, Data warehouse (‘tactical’ Sales Support and Single Customer View tools) and other external data platforms & tools
- Recommend areas for continuous improvement of data processes
- Create the processes for accurate customer data lists and ‘segments of one’ from multiple sources to be accessible for marketing and sales CRM programmes and communications across all channels
- Develop the processes to capture leads, prospects and registrations for marketing and sales purposes
- Ensure customer data accuracy, upkeep, cleansing and quality control
- Manage, maintain and police customer permissions and preferences and upkeep in line with business requirements, values, GDPR and PECR rules
- Keep abreast of legislation changes
- Ensure customer data security, privacy, protection policies are in place and adhered to
- Ensure training of staff and external providers in secure use of customer data
To succeed as the Customer Data Controller / Manager you will need:
- Experience of customer data management in a marketing, sales, retail and / or B2B environment
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation in a commercial environment
- IT systems background valuable but not essential
- Highly detail oriented, ability to develop and follow documented processes and identify and suggest improvements to these processes
- Possesses strong quantitative skills, can spot patterns in data and identify potential errors
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organisation
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel
- SAP knowledge is highly desirable
- Salary c.40k pa
- Hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Free parking in Basingstoke. London offices are near to public transport links
- An abundance of employee benefits including, enhanced pension scheme, childcare vouchers, gym membership and staff discounts on their products
- Occasional travel between Basingstoke and London (travel expenses will be covered)
If you’ve not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.