Our Client is an FCA regulated lender operating throughout the United Kingdom, specialising in Vehicle Equity Release. As a fully accredited member of the Consumer Credit Trade Association, and fully complying with its 'Code of Practice' to provide ethical lending within the terms of the Consumer Credit Act, our business ethos and culture are premised on treating all customers fairly and that every loan matters.
An opportunity has arisen for a Credit Underwriter to join our expanding team, based in NW London. The role performs various functions, including carrying out assessment on information provided by clients and external agencies to determine the capacity of borrowers to repay their financial obligations and mitigate credit risk.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the credit underwriter job description are listed below:
· Responsible for underwriting loans
· Takes decision on credit applications under the supervision of senior management
· Utilizes provided software to score credit applications
· Establishes rapport; maintains and grows important relationship within the portfolio
· Works with management on the ongoing review of policies and procedures
· Assesses credit opportunities; identifies key risks, and structures alternatives working with relationship managers and credit officers
· Provides support to the sales team on customer calls as needed
· Identifies policy exceptions within a credit request
· Accurately review all new applications using the tools provided
· Resolve any queries or seek missing information
· Update customer records
The ideal candidate for the Credit Underwriter role will someone with experience of working in lending evaluation role within a B2C environment. Experience with Hire Purchase agreements would be preferable.