D&A recruitment are currently recruiting for a Corporate Tax Manager to join a growing international accountancy firm based in London.
To work as part of the Tax Consulting team managing tax based projects, including corporate reorganisations, incorporations, share schemes, R&D tax, capital allowances, loan relationships, intangible assets, property transactions, corporate transaction structuring, tax due diligence and other ad-hoc tax projects. You will act as a specialist with responsibility for tax advice to a small, dedicated client base and in addition will handle a wide range of referrals for occasional assignments, together producing fees of £250,000 per annum or more. The successful candidate shall take full responsibility for client requirements and require little partner involvement beyond final review.
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for WIP control, billing procedures and debtor control and will take full responsibility for the effective production of work within the team, including mentoring, assisting with team organisation and team appraisals. He or she will be commercial and proactive in fee development.
Some other responsibilities are as follows;
• Consistently produces complete report and advice to a high standard in accordance with specialist requirements, needing final partner review only.
• Effective provision of tax planning advice to clients, both direct to clients and through corporate and business team portfolio managers throughout the firm.
• Displays pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation, compliance standards and potential advantages, relating them to client situations.
• Proactively identifies new clients and opportunities.
• Effectively controls own portfolio and client costs.
• Effectively delegates work to and mentors the team, including planning, instruction, and review of work, and giving constructive feedback through job appraisals.
• Raises high quality business correspondence including technically demanding reports, advice letters etc whilst demonstrating a value for money service to clients.
• Takes full responsibility for WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners.
• Focuses on effective work for good clients and queries additional work for uncommercial clients with relevant partners.
• Welcomes opportunities to meet with referral sources for fee development purposes.
• Includes opportunities for fee development in client conversations or correspondence where appropriate.
• Is the main point of contact for client queries in most instances.
• Maintains effective working relationships with clients including proactive contact.
• Assists with proposals and presentations to potential clients.
• Assists with marketing opportunities including networking and doing seminar presentations on relevant tax topics.
• Completes timesheets on a timely basis in line with firm’s policy.
• Ideally CTA qualified.
• An assertive and confident communicator (internally and externally).
• An effective team leader, producing reliable results and commanding respect from the team.
• Strong IT skills.
• Great commercial awareness with the ability to capitalise on opportunities.
• Pro-active identification of opportunities to refer clients to specialists.
• Able to influence decision making.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, forward thinking international accountancy firm who actively encourage career development.
Salary & Benefits
In return you will be rewarded with a basic salary of between £65k - £100k dependant on seniority and experience, plus a leading benefits package.