We are looking for a Contract Sales Manager to develop profitable new business for the brewery and packing lines within this long established business.
This role will consolidate the existing client base, utilising primarily the bottling and packaging facilities and develop new customers.
The role is responsible for managing all commercial aspects of brewing and packaging contracts and will have detailed liaison with contract customers and internal staff to promote and enhance the volume, profitability and reputation of the company’s contract operations.
There is an expectation that this individual will apply creativity in identifying new clients beyond the obvious. This may involve conversations regarding licensing of product from brand owners, and dealing with retailers.
- To create the strategy for the contract manufacturing sales for the next 5 years.
- Liaise with prospective new customers, prepare quotations and facilitate administration of new customers to ensure financial, operational and regulatory requirements are met
- Lead regular reviews with existing customers to promote customer loyalty, customer satisfaction, ensure technical compliance and financial targets are maintained.
- Be the Company’s contact person for all commercial dealings with contract customers, including coordinating the cost and handling the excise and complex duty issues for alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company complies with the packaging waste regulations.
- Energy, gravitas, understanding of customer requirements and how they can be satisfied
- Champion the highest level of customer service, which sets the company above the norm in the sector
- Creativity in a sector where change is to be expected
- Must be detail conscious and good at managing resources
- Must have a good understanding of the manufacturing process
- Salary c £45-50k basic.
- Bonus 10%
- Business mileage paid at 45p/mile.
- Pension – up to 10% company contribution
North West with some national travel.