JOB TITLE: CONTENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
SALARY: £28-32,000 PA DOE
HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 09.00-17.30 / 08:30-17.00 / 08:00-16:30
Want to get out of bed and get ready for work knowing you’ll make a real difference today? Want to transform people lives? Our client needs a content and social media specialist with at least 5 year experience under their belt to fill our content bank, grow our social community and promote our client’s brand across their organic channels and brand new website.
Our client offers an alternative to traditional campus study through innovative online and blended learning. They support their students to break free of limitations, work hard and become the best they can be. This philosophy, they are proud to say, is also relevant for those working at our clients. They welcome new and innovative thinking and reward those who show commitment to our values and promise.
As the ‘content guru’, preferably with a digital/social media background and a natural flair for creative writing, you’ll focus on producing and amassing content that adds value, tells stories and generates leads. Vlogs, blogs, podcasts, webinars, newsletters, whitepapers, infographics, video, ebooks… you name it!
Crucial responsibilities for this role will be to design and deliver a content and organic social strategy; research and create relevant content; and develop our Social Media Executive (SME) into an expert on the ins and outs of optimising our social platforms.
You will be naturally curious and skilled in using social listening to gather insights about our customers, prospects, products and competitors. You’ll also love a bit of data. You need to be motivated to hit targets, analyse results and translate them into exciting recommendations and plans for further growth.
If you have a copywriting or PR background and are as passionate about Higher Education as we are, that would be a bonus. As would experience in how to shoot, capture and edit basic photography, video, and audio … but these are not essential.
So in a little more detail, the ‘guru’ will be responsible for:
CONTENT PLANNING AND PRODUCTION
- Producing and managing a inbound content and social marketing strategy
- Community engagement, management and amplification
- Driving organic web traffic with regular dynamic site content including SEO
- Producing content for course materials, intranet, website and other communications
- All online PR activity to promote brand and campaign activity
· Overseeing the organic social content calendar
DATA, REPORTING AND INSIGHTS
- Reporting, analysing and making recommendations for improvements
- Implementing social monitoring tools and working with Google Analytics, Hootsuite to manage performance.
- Gathering insights and applying learnings
- Reviewing and approving all scheduled content, ensuring quality, excellence and continuous improvement
· Line management and development of direct report
· Stakeholder management – agencies, colleagues, student ambassadors, and content network
- Thrives in a dynamic environment (E)
- Strong desire to get things done (E)
- Ability to play variety of team roles (D)
- Positive mind-set to engage others (E)
- Organized and able to prioritise (E)
- Excellent communication skill-set and attention to detail (E)
- Line management (E)
- Creative and analytical thinker (E)
- 5 years + experience (E)
- Excellent understanding of inbound content and social marketing practices (E)
- Experience of creating and managing a wide range of digital content (E)
- Copywriting background (D)
- English or Marketing degree (D)
- Experience with Google analytics, Hootsuite, or other social channels monitoring tools (E)
- Has worked in the education arena (D)
E – Essential
D - Desirable