Commercial Trainer £55,000 - £65,000
Medical Devices (Technical Training)
Location: Flexible but ideally Midlands based
To manage, develop and maximise training opportunities for the Commercial Training business through effective business management, client relations and design, development and delivery of training for Medical Devices
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and business development support within the Medical Devices sector to maximise business opportunities for Client Training Services and support in delivery of sales and revenue targets
- Design, develop and deliver standard, bespoke and tailored courses to meet client needs and customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to enhance training portfolio within sector and support marketing and CTS to ensure the business is first to market supporting in the recruitment of qualified trainers/subcontractors to deliver the service as appropriate
- Actively undertake consultative sales activities and training needs analysis to maximise opportunities for business growth and development in line with key performance indicators
- Within authorised area of specialism, undertake business assurance assessments and produce assessment reports in accordance with current procedures
- Maintain professional competence by keeping abreast of technical and other developments in own areas of expertise
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of changes and issues, escalating as appropriate
- Coach and supervise training staff, recommending authorisation and further development activities as appropriate. Mentor less experienced Trainers to assist in the development of their professional skills
- Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
Suitbale candidates will be required to have a medical technical background – The training elemne is less important as support and guidance (training) will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Expert technical knowledge of medical device sector and relevant legal/regulatory framework (New Medical Device regulation knowledge desirable). Specific knowledge of high risk medical devices is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Medical accreditation and certification requirements globally, within remit, monitor new and updated standards, accreditation/oversight rules, legislation, codes of practice etc, disseminating information via the most appropriate media Representing the business on appropriate external committees and forums, taking every opportunity to build brand and reputation in the industry
- Experienced deliverer of training both standard and solution based training
- Commercially astute, can effectively balance technical integrity and commercial viability
- Degree or equivalent and ideally chartered professional status (eg CEng CQP, CEnv)
- Ability to use software such as PowerPoint and Word in order to support in the delivery of training
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to convert complex processes into simple procedure, outcome and behaviour statements
- Able to gain agreement to ideas through influence and persuasion, is confident and assertive and respected by assessors and technical managers
- Knowledge and experience of process and people performance monitoring and measuring systems
- A thorough understanding of the concepts of Business Assurance and risk based assessments
Location: Homebased with travel – possibly overseas but not for long periods of time – mainly UK. There will be regular travel to locations where training is being delivered.