Our Client based in Milton keynes are seeking a Paralegal on a (Temporary, Fixed-term contract)
Hours are: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary: £24k depending on experience
Contract: FTC until February 2019
- Professional Legal Qualification (CILEX/Law Degree/Paralegal)
- Commercial Property experience
- Commercial, practical and financial awareness
- Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels
- Excellent academics and strong ambition for career development
- Excellent interpersonal and marketing skills with the ability to develop contacts for the team and the firm
- Team player able to fit into a friendly, busy team
- Negotiation skills
- Have day to day management of client files covering a wide range of matters for a project supporting one major client. Client files include leasehold acquisitions for greenfield sites, rooftop sites, in-build sites and smart metering; deeds of variation; agreements for surrender; deeds of surrender; agreements; assignments; licences to occupy; freehold acquisitions; supplemental leases; tenancies at will; break notices; rent deposit deeds; deeds of easement; deeds of covenant; and customer licences.
- Draft documentation from precedent templates or otherwise producing first draft documentation based on heads of terms and ancillary client instructions and thereafter negotiate commercial terms and legal wording with other lawyers working towards agreeing documentation for engrossment.
- Review and consider first draft documentation based on heads of terms produced by other lawyers and thereafter negotiate commercial terms and legal wording with other lawyers working towards agreeing documentation for engrossment.
- Compose clear and concise correspondence to client, its externally appointed surveyors and other lawyers.
- Investigate both registered and unregistered title, raise title requisitions if required and ensure compliance with any relevant restrictions. In the event of title defect, advise on the potential risks, possible remedies and/or rectification procedures as appropriate.
- Adhere to client internal procedures which includes (1) operating, managing and updating client portal; (2) forecasting, reforecasting and claiming milestones; (3) producing a pre-engrossment report; (4) producing a précis for signing; (5) preparing and submitting on line short particulars; (6) scanning copies of completed documentation onto system and (7) updating client deed schedules and liaising direct with its storage database provider from time to time in connection with the return (and retrieval) of deed packets (or co-ordination of all of the same as appropriate).
- Deal with completions.
- Where appropriate, deal with SDLT and HMLR applications post-completion.
- Attend monthly review meetings with client’s personnel.
- Become involved in project work (substantial or otherwise) within the timescales set by client and/or attend conference call meetings to provide updates. Where required, have ongoing management of a project.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with client’s personnel