The role of Commercial Gas Engineer covers a geographical location (on the road) and Engineers generally cover an area of c. 50 miles radius from their home. Engineers are given full support by an expert Logistics team.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out Maintenance Inspections and Servicing of gas appliances & plant room equipment.
- Attending Reactive, Diagnostic and Repair calls to gas appliances and plant.
- Completing associated gas certification documentation in line with industry/client requirements.
- Estimating labour requirements for repairs to enable quotations to be generated.
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain part information/costs.
Experience & Competencies required:
- Applicants must be an experienced Commercial Gas Heating Service Engineer with good diagnostic/repair skills.
- Applicants must hold or have held, commercial gas qualifications.
- Experience/knowledge of Oil & LPG appliances would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience/knowledge of electrical/controls and commercial plumbing installations would be an advantage.
- A thorough knowledge of a wide range of commercial gas heating installations and systems.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Overtime Pay (x.1.5 or x2)
- Call-Out Bonus/Pay (Call-out Rota of 1 in every 4 weeks) - £50 for 1st hour of any job, then £36 for 2nd/+ hours of any job
- Private Health Care (after 12 months)
- Fully expensed van