Skills Direct are delighted to be working with Our Client, who are a busy local firm of Chartered Accountants, in the recruitment for an Accountant with experience of working in experience.
This role can be office based or partly working from home (2-3 days a week), depending on experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Prepare basic personal tax returns
- Prepare corporation tax returns and business tax computations
- Preparation of annual accounts for small limited companies, partnerships and sole traders from manual and computerised records
- Undertake general bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients
- Minimum AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-managing, organised and able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and retain a sense of humour when under pressure
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, SAGE, QuickBooks and IRIS
- Payroll and auto enrolment experience would be advantageous
You will be working within a small team of 4-5 people, depending on scheduled office-based staff, within a modern, converted office building. The office is based in the outskirts of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Free parking is on site.
Please send your CV with covering information as to why you would be suitable for the role.
Salary is to be discussed upon interview.