Category Buyer based in Aston, Birmingham
Would you like to join a progressive and motivated company? Are you a graduate or do you have experience within the Buying industry? Are you looking to advance your skills and take on your next challenge?
If so, then this may be the next career move for you...
We are one of the UK's leading wholesalers of fresh produce based in Aston, Birmingham who have an opportunity for a motivated Category Buyer to join our team.
Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
You will receive a salary of circa £24,000 per year. Alongside this, you will receive benefits such as 28 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
As the Category Buyer, your duties will include:
* Researching and recommending programmes and plans for procurement of produce and services
* Negotiating and agreeing best value prices with suppliers whilst managing the portfolio of products
* Ensuring that you bring in goods in a timely manner so they can be processed within company guidelines
* Developing new products and watching market trends within your industry
* Negotiating and controlling expenditure against budgets by watching and managing the waste of resources within the buying process
* Maintaining stock inventories to meet customer demand against the suppliers forecasted needs
* Assisting Commercial Managers to develop existing customer accounts and increase the company's market share
* Working to increase trading profit whilst reducing operating and wastage costs
* Hosting suppliers in the UK to discuss future business within the company
As the Category Buyer, you will be:
* Highly numerate and able to work to tight deadlines
* Enthusiastic and a fast learner
* Desirable if you are educated to degree level
* Previous experience within a buying/purchasing environment
For more information, please contact Victoria on 0121 360 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org