This is an exciting opportunity to join an established, dynamic and growing company with a blue chip customer base in UK and international markets.
We are looking for a self-motivated, talented and enthusiastic CAD Technician to join the team.
You will be responsible for creating and specifying our products onto the BIM library, constructing CAD models using Solidworks, creating product data sheets, installation instructions, engineering drawings and sample reports.
The role offers the opportunity to work within a product sector that rapidly evolves and changes
- To produce and create BIM models using the REVIT software and collect information to produce a specification on our products so that we can approach specifiers with our designs.
- Create CAD models using Solidworks based on concepts produced by our design team or CAD models based on our existing products.
- Create engineering drawings using CAD models supplied by our Product Design team.
- Create instruction leaflets using Solidworks Composer and Adobe InDesign.
- Produce data sheets of new and existing products for our Trade customers.
- Produce samples reports of products designed by our Design team to communicate issues to the vendor.
- Monitoring project milestones to meet scheduled launch dates using Smartsheet software in conjunction with Product management.
- Liaising with suppliers, internal and external customers during the design phase of the project.
- Control of drawings and product specifications for ISO9001 purposes.
- Technical reports.
- Input into existing technical support documentation, including product specifications and product data sheets.
Skills and Attributes;
- Excellent written English language skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office.
- Technical/engineering background.
- Competent and experienced in Solidworks 3D design software and able to produce 3D models, photo-realistic renders and create detailed engineering drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Logical approach to problem solving and manufacturing limitations of design projects.
- Eye for detail.
- Experienced in AutodeskREVIT.
- Proficient in rendering and animation software such as Keyshot.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign).
- 25 day holidays + Bank Holidays
- Salary of 19-20K
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme on all Company products
- Free onsite parking
If you have not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.