A global exhibition and event organisation, who are not just stand builders… they are brand builders is seeking a a CAD Production Manager based in Coventry to head up its production CAD / CNC joinery team to provide close management of working drawings for output on the in house CNC machine. You will receive holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays and statutory public holidays). This will be a pro rata amount for part time and fixed term contract employees.
The role will require the management and development of the current processes and future development of a small team to ensure that we keep up with the business demands of a fast evolving department.
The role will primarily require the production of large scale full working production drawings, graphics layouts and stock item pick lists produced from supplied Vector Works plans and elevations, colour visuals and written specification to ensure both the accurate delivery of the project and full utilisation of the in house CNC facility.
As the CAD Production Manager your duties will be to:
- Proactively manage the workload to ensure uninterrupted work flow of the production facility;
- Prepare working drawings, graphics layouts and stock item pick lists for the manufacturing process from supplied visuals, concepts, briefs, sketches and existing Vector Works files into large scale print outs using AutoCAD;
- Prepare CAD models to ensure the highest sustainable yield when utilising the CNC machine and optimisation of production;
- Provide clear and accurate advice on methods of construction and have a working knowledge of exhibition joinery;
- Manage the control and distribution of drawings internally and externally where applicable;
- Work closely with Production, Graphics, Design and Project Management to ensure margin protection and offer technical support where necessary;
- Organise past projects into an easy to use library for year on year recall;
- Promote fresh and innovative thinking towards client solutions;
- Regularly liaise with the Senior Production Team Leader and the workshop team;
- Quality control on shop floor – liaison with shop floor workers, making sure they have all information required to standards set by our Manager, control drawings etc., making sure the workshop staff understands each detail and crosschecking that production is correct and in accordance with information provided;
- Management and development of the CNC / CAD team to ensure output matches the growth of the department;
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager;
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company;
- Take a participative role in the Company’s sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
To be a successful CAD Production Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- A highly proficient knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Previous exhibition joinery experience is essential;
- Be fully conversant in AutoCAD and have a working knowledge of the CNC process;
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (A-C grade);
- Relevant Vocational qualification;
- Vector Works;
- 3D Max/ Google Sketch Up;
- AutoCAD 2010+;
- Experience gained within the Exhibition and Events Industry;
- Experience working within a similar role / at a similar level;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work under your own initiative / with minimal supervision;
- Communication (verbal, written and listening skills), with excellent spelling, grammar and the ability to produce error-free documents.
You will be working a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 8.30 – 5.00 (with one hour unpaid lunch). From time to time, you may be required to work outside these hours without additional remuneration in order to meet the requirements of the business and to ensure that your duties are properly performed.
In return you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience.