Job Title – Senior .NET Developer
Location – Chorley
Salary – £50,000 - £60,000
Duration – Permanent / Full Time
Due to rapid growth, expansion into new areas and demand from customers, A new role has become available for a Senior .NET Developer as the need to expand the in-house software development team has arisen. This role is critical to the development of new and existing applications and integrations working in a newly forged Agile working environment.
You will be joining an innovative and high growth technology driven carpark management company based in Chorley, which is now the leading Automated Number Plate Recognition car park management company in the UK. The work at the company is highly varied and team members get involved in all aspects of the technology, they even have field equipment such as payment kiosks and tablets set up in the office to do hands on development and testing.
The company operate a modern Microsoft .net technology stack using service bus technology to integrate to its many devices, other partner and industry applications. Frameworks and technologies used are Microsoft ASP .net MVC, Entity Framework, C#, SQL Server, SSIS, Redis, Xamarin, RabbitMQ, nServicebus and some PHP.
As the Senior .NET Developer your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, implementing, and releasing high quality custom software solutions
- Mentoring, supporting and assisting with the development of junior developers
- Working to Scrum principles and support for its continued improvement
- Investigating (and resolve if appropriate) technical issues and support the BAU process
- Carrying out transformation of software designs to programme logic
- Help improve the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Lead on discrete projects, development and design
The successful Senior .NET Developer will have the following skills and experience:
- Full Stack - C#, Asp.Net MVC, Web API, SQL Server etc.
- Demonstrable software development experience working mainly with the Microsoft development stack.
- Appropriately Degree qualified e.g. BSC in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong experience of SOLID and software development patterns.
- Ability to mentor and develop other team members.
- A strong advocate of Scrum ways of working and have a solid understanding of Scrum and working in a formal Scrum environment.
- A solid understanding of security in development and ‘Secure by Design’ principles.
- Cloud development, ideally Azure.
- Good understanding of DevOps and familiarity with common tooling and approaches.
In return, the Senior .NET Developer will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 pa. The company provide a comprehensive range of employee benefits, support for your career development and personal growth an open, innovative, friendly environment in which to work, and they operate a dress down Friday policy.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.