The role will be like running your own butchers shop. You will be the most senior person and will enjoy loads of autonomy. Ideally suited if you love being face to face with customers and building relationships. You will even get involved in speaking with local business and menu planning for restaurants etc. Progression into a more senior role is also available for the right person.
- Ensure that the Butchery Department complies with all legal and company standards.
- Engage with Customers and building relationships
- Manage a team and relish the opportunity to train Butchers
- Use your expertise to generate new customers and retain customer loyalty
- Responsible for butchery sales & profit
- Manage a team to provide the highest customer service and merchandising standards
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and legal requirements
- Previously ran your own Butcher shop or coached and developed a team of Butchers
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Proven ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Excellent customer service and cutting skills
- Experience of working with carcases and knowledge of businesses within your local area is an advantage but not essential