New Business Sales Executive - Birmingham & Nottingham - Field Based
From £20,000 to £30,000 per annum + company car + bonus + benefits
The company is one of the UK’s largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, supplying the Chinese wholesale, restaurant and takeaway market throughout the UK for nearly 40 years.
The company owns 4 Cash & Carry’s in Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham and Peterborough. We also have our own brand which was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. The brand has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. The brand is widely sold in the UK and exported to the USA and Europe.
The company are recruiting New Business Sales Executives to expand their sales team.
As a New Business Sales Executive reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
• Managing a portfolio of restaurant and takeaway accounts
• Building a "territory"
• Achieving sales target and profit margin
• Delivering sales presentation to existing but mainly new prospective clients
• Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients
• Pricing, negotiating and closing deals to build existing and prospective accounts
• Completing administrative work as required
• The role is envisaged to be 100% field-based focusing on some existing but mainly new business development
We are looking for an ambitious and confident sales candidate who has an impressive new business track record of success in a FMCG business preferably in the food sector, who is looking to join a dynamic and growing business where they can take ownership and contribute significantly. This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of an inspiring team and business.
• You will have a minimum of 3 years recent experience of working in the field
• The key skills you require for this role are New Business Development and Key Account Management
• Hours of work late morning to late evening when restaurant and takeaways are open for business - Monday to Friday only
• You must be highly motivated with an energetic approach
• You must have a proven track record in Sales
• You must have good interpersonal skills, your strengths can lie in building and maintaining relationships or in new business development
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise, exceptional time management skills and ability to work autonomously
• A high level of competitor awareness and negotiating skills
• Product knowledge awareness and development
• Determination to achieve and willingness to continually learn
• Proven record of demonstrating initiative and delivering results.
• Be numerical and proficient in all Microsoft packages
• A clean full UK driving license is essential
On offer to the successful candidate is an attractive basic salary, performance related bonus, company car and benefits, giving you the ability to work with a dynamic, fast-growing company where the career opportunities are inexhaustible.