We are working with a prestigious construction company in the Christchurch area, in recruiting for an additional Business Development Project Engineer.
This would suit an experienced Sales Project Engineer with a successful track record.
The Business Development Project Engineer will be responsible for:-
- Generating and quoting new enquiries or buildings, including cladding, doors, windows and accessories
- Using the skills and experience of others in the Company to ensure proper pricing for complicated designs
- Retaining existing customers and seeking out new ones using your expertise to win orders
- Visiting UK clients and attending meetings inside and outside of the company as required
- Learning and understanding, with the aid of the Contracts Department, the different forms of UK contract to which they work, to get the best terms possible and to stick to company policy with regard to declining unacceptable terms
- Using the Contracts Department and the authority of the Directors to help negotiate and win contracts
- Maintaining a keen interest in the global market, actively pursuing export work whenever possible and visit overseas markets and customers as required
- Fully understanding export business and payment terms and be able to get customers to establish the right type of Letter of Credit
- Instigating credit checks before a project becomes live
- Instigating the establishment if retention bonds at the appropriate time
- Ensuring proper recording procedures are being followed in accordance with the contract terms
- Chairing meetings of the project team, i.e. the designer, the draughtsman, the contracts/erection department, purchasing and despatch
This job would suit candidates currently working as a :Sales Engineer, Project Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Construction Project Manager, Technical Area Sales Manager.