I am currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a Travel Risk Management company based in Dorset.
The Business Development Manager will be the face of the company, and will therefore be responsible for attending meetings with prospects and formal presentation meetings in order to develop relationships and increase revenue opportunities.
The BDM will also have overriding responsibility for delivering solutions to prospective clients, managing the smooth negotiations of the contracts and overseeing the structured implementation of the new business relationship into the business. The Business Development Manager will employ all avenues for prospecting, including cold calling, working through references, etc. to ensure that the required number of meetings are attained and conducted.
The BDM will also work closely with the Account Managers to ensure that existing accounts are handed across in an efficient manner whilst ensuring the clients receive the highest levels of service and product delivery to ensure contract renewal.
The BDM will oversee that all opportunities are investigated within each prospective client, and that the correct stakeholders in each account opportunity are aware of the range of services on offer in order to secure additional streams of revenue.
- Management and acquisition of client accounts.
- Generating leads by cold calling and networking.
- Engaging with prospects to investigate and understand the issues they face.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the wider risk and security industries to enable a consultative approach in their dealings with prospects and clients, and to be considered an “expert” in their field.
- Attend both speculative and formal meetings with prospects and clients to build relationships and develop business revenue opportunities.
- Write and develop compelling client specific proposals.
- Close business opportunities based on a mutually agreeable set of expectations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of operating in a business 2 business services sales environment. ideally with experience in the travel risk industry, or solutions and/or consulting sales.
- Graduate or graduate calibre.
- Managing the client cycle from targeting and engagement through to pitch and delivery.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive-level relationships.
- Flexibility in approach and open to international travel.
- Strong communication, organisation and presentation skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent relationship management skills with a track record of developing long-term client partnerships.
- Accurate reporting skills.