Our Business Development Manager will focus on improving our companies market position and achieve financial growth. They will be required to builds key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiates and close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Specifically, they will be selling into and building relationships with primary schools, local authorities and academy trusts across England, predominantly in a new business capacity.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients by presenting new products and services and enhancing existing relationships.
- Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as networking events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with Directors on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and support development of company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Ensure and manage a robust sales pipeline of opportunities
- Present business development training and mentoring to our consultants, school improvement partners and internal staff.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years sales / business development experience, within the Education Sector.
- Understanding / experience of the Education market place.
- Bachelor degree
- Excellent sales person
- Good public speaker
- High organised
- People focuses and target driven.
An attractive package is offered including:
- Competitive Salary (30K- 35K)
- 24 days holiday (rising to 29 days with service)
- Bonus Scheme which can achieve up to 30% of salary
- Company Car Pension, Laptop, Mobile,