A global exhibition and event organisation, who are not just stand builders, they are brand builders, is seeking a Business Development Manager to join its expanding Graphics Division team based from its offices in Excel, London. You will receive a £400 per month car allowance, 3% uncapped commission structure and 25 days holiday. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in and grow the existing graphics division bringing in new revenue streams.
With offices across the globe - including North America, Europe and the Middle East – this company bring the art and scent of engagement of their clients’ events, wherever they are in the world.
The role will also be responsible for the account management of key clients. These flagship accounts require close management and relationship building. The objective is to drive the graphics revenues and margins received from these accounts through better understanding their objectives and delivering innovative solutions.
As this role grows its contribution to the graphics revenue streams a team will be built up to support the continued growth. You will be required to consider and formulate plans for this expected growth over the next 18 months.
As the Business Development Manager your duties will be to:
- Support the Graphic General Manager / COO / CCO in the delivery of new and profitable graphic led revenue streams;
- Develop and deliver double digit, year on year growth plans;
- Convert graphics sales enquiries at beyond 60% and ensure that all leads are followed up within 3 days of receipt;
- Understand why the company win and lose business. Use this insight to build a stronger, more profitable business;
- Drive the exhibitor graphics team to develop closer relationships with customers to improve year on year retention and account growth;
- Develop account management roadmaps that clearly define what larger customers could do in the future;
- Impress the key accounts by anticipating issues and providing proactive solutions for them;
- Drive new product innovation;
- Pilot and roll out new innovations to lead the sector, making the company famous for lateral thinking, service and product delivery;
- Be available to support the Account Management team as the ‘go to’ expert in this area;
- Develop and roll out new marketing collateral to confirm the company as the leading graphics provider in the events space;
- Develop the company’s USP;
- Create a position in the market that attracts the best talent to the company;
- Make decisions and take calculated risks.
- Create an effective internal communications plan that gives the business visibility and confidence in the direction it is taking.
To be a successful Business Development Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- A credible, creative, likeable and commercially-astute professional, who can sell ideas, concepts and packages to all levels within a business;
- Experience of working within a graphics business demonstrating excellent product knowledge;
- The drive and ambition to make things happen and to take personal ownership of products and revenue targets;
- Proven ability to engage and influence in uncertain environments and to see things through;
- Ability to present business cases in a clear and compelling way;
- Tenacity and the ability to shape the role going forwards;
- Effective communication and storytelling skills;
- Experience of dealing with difficult client;
- Methodical and clear communication style to drive out ambiguity;
- Ability to work flexibly with all parties;
- A willingness to travel.
In return you will receive a basic salary of £37,000 per annum with uncapped commission.