Our client with offices over the Kent and East London areas are looking for a Building Services Handyperson to fix snagging issues in new build properties. You will be employed on a full-time basis and given a van to use for work which can be used at weekends and evenings too, along with a fuel card. The company will provide power tools and equipment and a uniform.
Purpose of the Building Services Handyperson: To swiftly and efficiently resolve any contractual issues that have arisen after the purchase on new build properties. As after sales service is highly important to this company there is a certain element of customer service involved in this role. It is important to complete each task in a timely manner whilst being professional and considerate to the client.
Location: Ideally you will reside in East London and your typical working location will be East London, but you will also have to work in Kent and Essex on occasion.
Salary: Up to £34k plus a yearly bonus.
Typical duties for the Building Services Handyperson:
- Plastering and making good
- Tiling small areas
- Re-hanging of internal doors
- General carpentry works
- Filling, painting and making good
- Applying mastic
Candidates that apply for the Building Services Handyperson must have:
- Have a minimum of 2 years working in the UK construction industry or in a maintenance role and be able to provide references to support this
- A full clean driving licence
- Joinery, tiling, minor plastering skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Good awareness and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments
Building Services Handyperson candidates must be:
- Able to take on responsibility for the care and maintenance of tools, plant, materials and additional company property
- Deliver work allocated to the standards of quality required and within set timescales
- Ensure the Health and Safety of self and others in the workplace in accordance with company policy
- Follow and adhere to instructions and directives from line management and Head Office
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Provide a good level of customer service to clients
- Must be enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated, punctual and conscientious
- A good problem solver