A leading Global Fleet Management Company are looking for a Billing Development Analyst. The company offer services in the Fuel, Telematics, Telecoms and Insurance industries. Their wide range of products include Fuel Cards, Vehicle Tracking Devices and Phone Tariffs. They are a growing global company with over 1500 employees across 15 countries.
· Fast growing, global company with over 1500 employees across 15 countries.
· No. 19 in UK Top Track 100 companies
· Innovative, technology driven culture.
· Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development, training and career progression.
· Secondment opportunities to work in our international offices.
We are currently recruiting for a Billing Development Analyst to join the Data Team. Reporting to the Data Architect, this is a new role in an existing team that is expanding to accommodate recent and projected growth.
The candidate will ideally have some experience working with relational databases, billing systems and processing of large & complex datasets.
Qualified to a degree level in a computer science related field or with equivalent in-work experience, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Excel to a high level including VBA – using complex formula, creating and editing macros in VBE
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) – querying and extracting data, using stored procedures etc.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – creating & deploying reports, utilising parameters & sub reports and creating automated subscriptions
- Problem solving
And preferably experience in the following areas:
- Telecommunications industry products, services, standard practices and terminology.
- SQL databases including stored procedures, functions, indexes
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Aurora/Affinity billing platform
The applicant will be able to demonstrate and produce evidence of having a personal interest in keeping skills up-to-date in this fast-changing industry and preferably experience within the telecommunications industry.
A proven high level of accuracy is essential. The candidate will be directly responsible for ensuring data integrity is maintained on company systems, including troubleshooting complex systems where inaccurate data is visible across the wider business and directly to customers.
The candidate must be able to manipulate large datasets in Excel in an efficient and accurate manner, and be able to automate repetitive tasks where appropriate. Ad-hoc repricing of customer usage at both a retail and wholesale level, including optimising large volumes of usage at a wholesale level will be essential.
- Billing system: Updating and maintaining in-house & third party billing systems for product changes via stored procedures and multi-table updates, troubleshooting and fixing system errors and assisting with bulk data changes.
- Ad-hoc data requests: Working with the business up to board level to find, extract, understand and transform company data.
- Billing runs: Ensuring data is imported and billed correctly from a variety of sources. Working with the billing team to ensure that invoices are successfully generated and distributed on a monthly basis.
- Wholesale pricing and reporting: Optimising and re-pricing customer usage at a wholesale level and producing monthly reports to our suppliers.
- Customer portal: Managing customer data in the client facing portal, including creating user logins and bulk uploading customer details.
- Excel automation: Developing and maintaining bespoke VBA functions for the wider business to automate repetitive tasks and ensure data integrity.
- Attention to detail & accuracy: work needs to be 100% accurate as it has a direct impact on the company’s revenue and profit
- Problem solving skills: needs to be able to come up with novel solutions to complex product requirements within the framework of the existing billing systems
- Good analytical skills: be able to understand diverse business data and where it sits across multiple systems, to be able extract and transform the data.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and manage competing priorities effectively with an emphasis on delivering the highest level of quality and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise work and work in pressurised situations
Salary: Subject to experience
25 Days Holiday
Group Private Medical Insurance Scheme
Subsidised Gym Membership