We are looking for an experienced Back End Ruby developer to join our clients dynamic development team.
The company are Oxfordshire’s best-kept secret, in a beautiful location with a wide range of innovative and challenging projects for some brilliant clients (e.g. BMW, Barclays, Rolls-Royce and InterContinental Hotels).
You’ll have 4+ years of commercial experience, working in projects using Ruby on Rails, Linux, Heroku, PostgreSQL and other back end technologies. Your personality is important to us too. You’ll be professional, assertive and well-organised with the ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task under pressure, because we have multiple projects going through the development team at any one time. A sense of humour and a sense of perspective would be hugely beneficial too.
Relatively small company (25 staff)and all parts business work
- An excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails, Linux, Heroku, AWS and associated back end tools and technologies
- A solid understanding of networking tools and technologies such as SSH and VPN
- Proven experience of testing approaches and tools like RSpec and Cucumber
- A strong understanding of mobile web development, debugging and optimisation (Native app development an advantage)
- Solid experience of Git for version control
- An excellent understanding of database technologies, object-orientated programming and design patterns (PostGreSQL a distinct advantage)
- Conscientious and team focused, happy with peer review and pair programming.
About the company
We are a full-service video and interactive communications company. We make anything that moves (web apps, websites, elearning, video, animation) and a few things that don't (print, and the occasional board game).
Based beautiful converted barn with a fabulous coffee machine, free fruit and chocolate, pizza and barbecue lunches in the summer, and chickens nearby for one-sided conversation when it all gets too much. We are proud to offer proper salaries and excellent benefits including employers contributory pension, travel insurance and private health insurance.
Information about Jackie Kerr Recruitment
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 18 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www. jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www. jackiekerrrecruitment. com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.