B.2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Salary up to £43,250k per annum
My client offers an exciting opportunity to work within an empowered and supportive environment, offering an extremely competitive package with great benefits!
They are looking to appoint a current type rated, experienced B2 Licensed Aircraft engineer (Avionics/Electrical) to join their team and carry out line, base and associated maintenance duties on a varied fleet of aircraft with additional familiarisation training provided to the right applicants You will be helping support the UK military air capability by playing a key part in the seamless progression of pilots through flight training.
The Ideal Candidate:
Key Qualifications and Accountabilities for this role will encompass the following requirements.
- Good knowledge of CAA & EASA Regulations/Procedures
- Knowledge of EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals
- Supervisory experience in military/civilian aircraft avionic/electrical maintenance of airworthiness standards
- Recognised Aircraft Apprenticeship, Military/Civilian Experience in Avionics/Electrical
- Avionics/Electrical Aircraft Experience (See Technical Competencies)
- Detailed understanding of all Civil and Military Airworthiness Safety Regulations
- Articulate in written and oral communication
Technical Competencies Required:
- Good Knowledge & Experience on VHF/UHF Communications & Audio Systems
- Experience on ILS/VOR/DME Systems
- Knowledge of SSR Systems (Secondary Surveillance Systems)
- Knowledge of TCAS & FLARM Systems desirable
- Understanding of Glass Cockpit Systems is desirable
- Experience of Compass Compensation essential (Compass Swings)
- Knowledge of GPS Systems desirable
- Calibration of Pitot/Static Systems
- Good understanding of aircraft electrical systems is desirable
- Experience in cable repairs using appropriate PTT (precision termination tools)
- Promote and endorse a positive Quality and Health & Safety culture
- Good Avionic/Electrical Aircraft problem solving skills
- Champion the expected high standards of avionic/electrical engineering excellence
- Positive Flexible “can-do” attitude is essential
- Stimulate an ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to demonstrating a two-way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the Company
- IT Skills and proficient use of MS Office Applications is essential
- Current Human Factors
- Full UK Driving License
- £100k Life Assurance
- 25 days a year holiday.
- No weekend working (as long as flying hours met)
- Work pension scheme.
- PPE provided