Our client is a large automotive company based near Chester. Due to growth and internal strategies they are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join their team.
- To understand the line process, functionality, controls and effects, so as to be able to support any event that may occur on the line.
- Work with the Preventative maintenance Engineer to ensure the correct TPM is planned and performed on the line to maintain OEE to the business expectation.
- Support the business objectives for OEE improvements and scrap reduction. This is to be done by monitoring line performance, identifying critical failures and implementing solutions to improve performance / PPS Methods.
- Support cross functional team to resolve any process issues, including any customer quality concerns
- Support Manufacturing Feasibility reviews where required / Production Trial runs
- Support customer meetings / discussions where required. This may be in the form of customer audits, technical discussions, problem solving or any other business.
- Discuss with suppliers when sourcing parts / services and agree costs, lead time and delivery.
- Manage suppliers when on site to ensure compliance with H&S and that the supplier performs the job as expected and agreed.
- Lead and develop new ideas as part of VA / VE and other continuous improvement activities
- Take the Lead for new product introduction, managing all aspects of the industrialisation process to enable a successful launch.
- Support any part of the business where required.
We are looking for an engineering professional who has experience of analysing production lines, route cause analysis on engineering problems, (ensuring they don’t happen again). Experience of Fanuc and ABB robots is a must. Also required - Siemens PLC S7 knowledge.