Auto Electrical Field Service Engineer
Covering mainly Wiltshire and Berkshire
£27,000 Per Annum
Are you an experienced Auto Electrician / Field Service Engineer, looking to work in a fast-growing, nationwide service and support focused company? Would you like a varied role with exciting products that make a real difference, whilst providing you with the real opportunity to progress?
Here are the benefits of the role:
- Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Participation in Profit Reward Scheme
- Training, development and support
- Workplace Pension
Our client have an excellent opportunity for an Auto Electrical Field Service Engineer to join their talented team, working from home with national travel on a weekly basis visiting clients' operations with visits where required to the North West Headquarters. In return, the successful candidate will receive a highly-competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible working, paid breaks, pension, fully expensed vehicle and much more.
Auto Electrical Field Service Engineer Opportunity:
In the role of Field Service Engineer you’ll support customers by installing commercial vehicle safety and security equipment whilst undertaking service call out repairs to previously installed systems. In addition, the successful candidate will be afforded the opportunity to progress to other roles, in line with the company's growth.
Our client provide best-in-class customer service with a support before sales company ethos. In addition to completing installations, working along national sub-contractors, the chosen candidate will conduct installation/engineer audits and onsite system installation training.
This Field Service Engineer role would ideally suit an individual from a similar field-based role, where you’re entrusted to effectively manage your own time with minimal supervision, whilst working with blue chip clients and the latest safety and security systems.
Auto Electrical Field Service Engineer Role:
- Install, configure, service, repair and upgrade vehicle CCTV/digital recording systems
- Troubleshoot faults through a good knowledge of commercial vehicle wiring and connections
- Undertake field trial, demonstrations and training
- Ensure products are fully operational before leaving the site
- Train and audit network of sub-contractors to ensure high standards
- Train clients in the correct operation of installed systems
- Maintain an inventory of system spares to ensure 1st visit fix for call outs
- Extensive UK travel and regular overnight stays
Skills & Experience:
- Full UK driving licence
- Computer literacy, communication protocols and IT support tools
- Logical approach to installing and fault-finding technical products
- Self-motivated with the drive to provide first-class customer service
- A background or commitment to working in a field-based customer support role