Curtis Recruitment is seeking a qualified ACA or ACCA Audit Senior to work at our prestigious client’s Central London office. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a Top 25 accountancy practice.
Reporting to the Audit Managers and supervising junior members of the audit team, the main functions of the Audit Senior will include:
- Planning and carrying out audits with turnover up to £40 million, including specialist audits e.g. FSA, pensions, solicitors, charities and schools (jobs to be completed with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget)
- Supervision of junior staff
- Preparation of draft business tax computations
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts under FRS102 and old UK GAAP from client’s numbers pre-audit
- Larger accounts preparation jobs for audit exempt limited companies, partnerships, LLPs
- Where applicable drafting recommendations to management post audit
The successful candidate will be capable preparing completed audit files to an exceptionally high standard, for a broad range of clients and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally be conversant with; Proaudit, CCH Accounts Production (AP), Sage, Alphatax and excel
- Preferably have 1-2 years’ post qualified experience within practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Be confident in dealing effectively with staff and clients
- Have the ability to cope with pure audits and more complex jobs
- Be deadline and budget focused
In return for your skills and commitment, the firm offers a competitive salary, 23 days’ holiday, pension and DIS cover.