Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive Top 20 accountancy practice? We may have the perfect role for you. Our client is seeking an Audit & Accounts Senior to join the friendly team at its to carry out a mix of audit fieldwork and accounting duties with a split of approximately 70% towards statutory audits at client premises.
Whilst there will be opportunity for career progression, naturally, the company is ideally looking for someone who will be a safe pair of hands and will want to make this role their own for the long term, rather than viewing the position as a stepping stone.
As Audit & Accounts Senior, your responsibilities will include:
- Executing audits at client sites
- Preparation of audit file for review and sign off by the practice RI
- Preparation of statutory accounts for a variety of client
- Communicating regularly with directors/supervisors/managers on progress of work
- Prepare client letters, emails and communication with clients and the team
- Considered review of junior work
- Mentoring and developing junior team members
Experience of accounts and audit is essential for this role and candidates have the following skills and attributes:
- An ACA/ACCA qualified is preferred, although a strong finalist would be considered
- Significant experience gained in a similar role within a practice environment
- Able to handle clients in an open, approachable and professional manner
- Be IT literate; competent with MS Office and experience of accounts and audit software, ie CaseWare, Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and alphatax
- Have a keen eye for detail with a methodical, diligent approach
- A team player with the ability and desire to support and guide junior members of the team
- Hold a full driving licence and vehicle
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
This friendly and forward-thinking practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to thrive both personally and professionally.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.