Opportunity for an Assistant or experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our specialist land remediation contracting business, working directly with the Commercial Director, based out of the company HQ in Almondsbury, on the outskirts of Bristol.
My client are a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Construction Investing in Talent Awards (Best Place to Work). We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
The location has excellent links to the M5 and on site carparking. There are also great facilities for cyclists and many of our employees ride in from Bristol and surrounds.
There is great scope to grow on merit in this role but initially you will be responsible for:
- Contract negotiation
- Change management
- Value engineering – always with a view to exceeding client expectations
- Building key lasting relationships
- Client monthly reporting
- Negotiation of additional works
- Regular site visits.
Leading the commercial aspects of the project:
- Preparation of cost forecasts
- Monthly cost value reporting
- Assessment and management of risk and opportunity with site team
- Management of procured material supply
- Accepting only best practice
You must be a driven individual with a heads up attitude and the ability to adjust in line with the various clients and teams with whom they will be working. An honest approach is key to the way the business operates with the reward of operating in a genuine, fun and supportive atmosphere. When challenges arise, we step forwards!
- Strong communicator - listening, interpretation and giving
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- NEC3 experience, options A, B and C
- Use of other various forms of contract, such as JCT, ICE
- Strong ability in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Working towards MRICS or equivalent qualification
- A team player.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and an excellent flexible benefits package.