£15-30 per hour
FREELANCE IMMEDIATE START
Knowledge and experience of the following
- Print knowledge including print proofing
- Brand knowledge
- Appreciation of business controls requirements
Advanced Software Knowledge in
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Acrobat
We are looking for a motivated Repro Artworker. They will be the lead on one of our high volume flight checking accounts using an online proofing tool and digital asset management system. A print background is a must along with good organisational skills. The account has the scope to grow significantly.
- Ensure initial understanding of the artwork requirements and deadline
- Ensure all artwork data is logged correctly on all systems
- Show overall ownership of the work, demonstrating a positive approach
- Prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met
- Raise workload issue with Production Manager if required
- Keep the client informed of progress at agreed intervals if required
- Ensure deadlines are met and projects delivered to a quality standard and to the client brief
Artwork amends (if required)
- Complete work as per the brief
- Ensure accurate knowledge of brand guidelines
- Check own work before releasing artwork back to the client
- Follow agreed file naming convention / version control / file storage
- Ensure all project work follows the studio process
- Ensure artwork files for set up correctly print, seek advice if in any doubt
- Understand the print process and relevant file set-up requirements
- Complete flight checks on either PDF or open source files
PDF Only Supplied – bare minimum checks
Check all fonts are embedded and displaying properly i.e. No bitmapping.
Check that crop marks and bleed are present.
Check all pictures are hi-res either visually by zooming in and checking for pixellation or by using the built-in pre-flight profile to check for images less than 300ppi and not CMYK - or do both.
Check separations in Output Preview – if spot colours are present, are they the correct ones. If spot colours are present and shouldn’t be, advise and convert to CMYK, if required.
Check Overprint Preview – make sure nothing is set to overprint that should knockout i.e. White text/objects.
Artwork Supplied – bare minimum checks
Check that all fonts/pictures etc. are linked/loaded.
Check that bleed/slug area are set properly and all image extends to bleed. Turn off Preview mode, if file is set to display that way, since it can mask bleed problems.
Make lo-res and hi-res pdfs at the same time, and mark the files _HR _LR accordingly.
Flight check the pdf as if they had been supplied from elsewhere (see above). Do not assume that because you made it, it is OK.
Required personal attributes and attitudes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet/exceed timelines
- Proactive approach
- Good organisational, planning and execution skills
- Quality conscious with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and logical approach
- Demonstrate professionalism to clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Willingness to continuously improve through self development
- Team player
- Production Manager