Must speak English, Spanish and Portugese
The Client, an integrated creative and digital marketing agency (part of the Group a leading international corporate communications and production company), is extending its global reach through the growth of its country-based Studios.
We are looking for an experienced and technically competent artworker to join our Spain Client Studio production artworking team. This is not a creative design role, but requires a high level of technical expertise and an intelligent and thoughtful approach to artwork production.
Based at our Madrid office, this role involves the preparation and amendment of artwork and final outputs, including digital, working for a range of major blue chip s across both Spanish and Portuguese markets, while also being able to liaise with the support team in the UK office when appropriate.
As a Client production artworker you will have ownership and responsibility for all assigned work. This involves developing an understanding of expectations, corporate guidelines and service level agreements (SLAs).
Overview of Role
- Preparing design/artwork/assets for print production and digital output
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Understand print production processes, from design to print ready artwork
- Able to work across a range of materials e.g. packaging, POS and publications
- Retouching and cutting out supplied photography and assets
- Adapting key assets across multiple deliverables
- Mock-up samples to ensure artwork correctness, where necessary
- Work with supplied print specifications, brand guidelines and cutter guides
- Flight-checking artwork, packaging final files and preparing print-ready PDFs
- File management of agency servers
- Understand, and upload to relevant FTP and asset management portals
- Keep up-to-date with industry software development, innovations and trends
- Proactively contribute and assist where required
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC applications and industry standard software e.g. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good knowledge of Apple applications and Mac OS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of servers and file management
- Knowledge of digital file production e.g. HTML and content management systems
- Able to interpret cutter guides and technical specifications
- Absolute attention to detail whilst working at pace
- Good understanding of typography
- Excellent repro knowledge e.g. colour process, paper stock and print techniques
- focused – always think beyond the task to what the is expecting
- English, Spanish, Portuguese